We all need to get places and organizations often need to move people or products. Entire organizations are based around moving and shipping products or transporting people to different destinations. In order to do so efficiently and effectively requires quality drivers, operators, and managers in order to ensure products or people are delivered on time and in good condition. Some people cannot handle working alone and are not suited for cross-country driving or some people may not be very dependable and have a tendency to miss deadlines. Characteristics such as these are based in a person’s personality and through personality assessment, organizations can identify people likely to succeed in transportation service roles. AAI has developed the Transportation Services Inventory, a personality assessment that identifies those individuals who possess the necessary characteristics to be effective in transportation roles.
- The AAI Advantage
The Transportation Services Inventory is a tool that assesses individuals across seven personality dimensions critical to success in transportation service roles. Its primary use is to determine whether a job applicant or employee will show:
- The independence often required when driving long distances
- A tendency to avoid unnecessary risks and act safely
- High degree of dependability.
It is often used in such settings as:
- Pre-employment Screening – the Transportation Services Inventory can be used as a cost-effective way to screen out candidates from large application pools.
- Selection — the Transportation Services Inventory is used to identify job applicants who exemplify key personality traits that drive job success in transportation service roles.
- Development — the Transportation Services Inventory can be used in development to identify the strengths and potential areas for improvement among current or newly hired employees.
- Team Effectiveness – the Transportation Services Inventory can be used with entire teams to identify the strengths and potential areas for improvement for the whole team in order to provide better overall service to clients and customers.
- Quick and easy to administer
- Screen large applicant pools
- Identify applicants who exemplify transportation service traits
- Improve the quality of job hires
- Improve the performance of employees and teams
- Increase productivity and customer satisfaction
- Customizable. AAI has the ability to tailor the Transportation Services Inventory to the needs of your organization. This can involve adding or subtracting specific personality scales as well as norming scores to your organization to better identify those who will be successful in your unique culture.
- Job Relevant. It is specifically designed to measure key personality traits relevant to transportation-type positions and can predict people who are likely to be independent, dependable, and safe.
- Fit. Optimizes the fit between people and position or transportation service requirements specific to the role or organization.
- Cost. Reduces the cost of assessing internal or external candidates for job opportunities and roles.
- Valid & Reliable. The Transportation Services Inventory has been validated for measuring the underlying constructs, is highly reliable, especially when compared to other personality tests, and is legally defensible.