Rising prices, extended capacity of retailers, increased competition, and the often unpredictable pace of change in consumer buying habits make it increasingly difficult for organizations in the retail and hospitality services to succeed, grow, and remain competitive. To drive continued success, it’s important for organizations to employ the right people who have the necessary personality characteristics for work in retail or hospitality. AAI has developed the Retail and Hospitality Inventory, a personality assessment that identifies the individuals who will succeed in retail or hospitality type roles.
- The AAI Advantage
The Retail and Hospitality Inventory is a tool that assesses individuals across sixteen personality dimensions critically important to success in retail and hospitality roles. A primary use is to determine whether a job applicant or employee will show:
- Concern for the needs of customers
- Be aware of emotions and control them if provoked
- Display the initiative and persistence necessary to grow sales or solve issues
It is used in such settings as:
- Selection — the Retail & Hospitality Inventory is used to identify job applicants who exemplify key retail and hospitality traits that drive job related success.
- Development — the Retail & Hospitality Inventory can be used in development to identify the strengths and potential areas for improvement among current or newly hired employees.
- Team Effectiveness – the Retail & Hospitality Inventory can be used with entire teams to identify the strengths and potential areas for improvement for the whole team in order to provide better overall service to customers.
- Identify applicants who exemplify retail and hospitality traits
- Improve the quality of job hires
- Improve the performance of employees and teams
- Increase productivity and customer satisfaction
- Customizable. AAI has the ability to tailor the Retail & Hospitality Inventory to the needs of your organization. This can involve adding or subtracting specific personality scales as well as norming scores to your organization to better identify those who will be successful in your unique culture.
- Job Relevant. It is specifically designed to measure key personality traits relevant to retail and hospitality-type positions and can predict people who are likely to be cooperative, dependable, and attentive.
- Fit. Optimizes the fit between people and position, retail, or hospitality requirements specific to the role or organization.
- Cost. Reduces the cost of assessing internal or external candidates for job opportunities and roles.
- Valid & Reliable. The Retail & Hospitality Inventory has been validated for measuring the underlying constructs, is highly reliable, especially when compared to other personality tests, and is legally defensible.